Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: looking software open to specify homepage on internet startup ?  (Read 2668 times)

bh_hensem

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi..

I want open my homepage for every time i connected to internet via phone or broadband. My homepage will be display after users open the internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape and etc.

As example, after i connected into internet and open the internet browser then my homepage (baharin.com) will be display on the first screen. The default homepage which set on the users computer will be continue later or else.

What kind of the software I can used or how could i do that ?

Thank you,

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: looking software open to specify homepage on internet startup ?
    « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:24:11 AM »
    Go to your Browsers Menu Bar, Tools, Internet Options(IE) or Options(Mozilla) and choose your preferred Homepage. Click Apply. I don't quite understand why you need a software to do this unless I am missing something.

bh_hensem

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
      Hi..

Thanks for your reply.. it is not like that..

Actually, I want to setup a wireless on my cafe, so every time my customer connected to my wireless, my homepage will be display on internet browser from our customer computer as the first screen.. How could i do that ?..

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.

Linux User#485948

Rookie

• My name is Carl but I've been called a lot worse.
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »
      Sounds like youre looking for a package to circumvent the users selected home page and stuff your page in place of their choice. I'm not saying it's impossible but even with a dedicated LAN server I think it a pretty ambitious task.

You'll have to disable their chosen browsers home page preference, this sounds like something your IP provider may be able to assist with, but it's going to make your clients jump through a few hoops.  Having them "Sign on to a LAN" (Local Area Network) and giving each one a unique ID before they can gain access to the internet.

Hmmm receipt# I see the wheels turning, stuff a fancy 404 page at them..your number please.. I like it,
      could be an interesting project.  Before getting carried away here definitely check with your IP provider there's
      no use reinventing a wheel that might already be on the shelf...just my nickels worth.  Please pardon my thinking
      out loud here in the dialog box but now I understand..Thanks! I'm sure some other folks here will have some great input too now that the lights finally on.  Good Luck.
      E=MC˛±3db   Murphy's Laws, the only constant in the universe.