Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will windows 7 stop blue screens and enviroment errors?  (Read 2604 times)

campdelta

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Will windows 7 stop blue screens and enviroment errors?
    « on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »
    Hey, i currently have a Dell Inspiron 531, the Athlon X2 version, and it runs on Vista, however I want to upgrade to 7 just so i have an upgraded home network. My 531 always crashes with constant blue screens, and when i try to run certain software, it says environment error, will Windows 7 fix this, basically I'm asking if it it's worth it to buy it to fix my problem? btw I have already tried to restore it to factory default and i get environment error, and it's not currently connected to the internet, and when i tried to connect it, it doesn't work, maybe Windows 7 will fix that?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Will windows 7 stop blue screens and enviroment errors?
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
    What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

Download BlueScreenView:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
    when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
    Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
    Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply