Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem: Wife Can't Log on to IE,but I Can,Why??  (Read 2571 times)

eddiebuck

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem: Wife Can't Log on to IE,but I Can,Why??
    « on: March 02, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »
    New Here, 1st post.
    Last week we had to replace the power supply box on computer(keyboard and mouse died).We did, and all was well until last night when my wife tried to log on to IE and her Yahoo homepage.It would say connecting to IE,but would not connect,just return her to the page where she clicked on IE to begin with.The thing is my log in connects just fine on the same computer to my Yahoo homepage.Anyone know what might have happened?

Oh,she had logged on many times since the power supply problem,can't see that as an issue. thanks for any help,,eb

Dell Inspiron 531
    Windows XP
    DSL with Century Link
    Yahoo homepage

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem: Wife Can't Log on to IE,but I Can,Why??
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
    Are you and your wife using the same user account in Windows or separate user accounts? 

What version of IE do you have? 

Do you have any browsers other than IE installed?  Are you familiar with any other browsers?

eddiebuck

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Problem: Wife Can't Log on to IE,but I Can,Why??
      « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »
      PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!

Dang You Folks Are Good.
      She hasn't been able to log on since seven oclock last night,I visit,resister and post on this forum, and before I even get an answer to my post,I try to log her on once again and,WALA :o ;) Thanks a bunch Folks and don't worry,I'll visit from time to time, and put my 2 cents in every now and then. ;D eb

Thanks soybean for your reply,hopefully its fixed.