Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: automatic updates  (Read 2245 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    automatic updates
    « on: March 06, 2011, 04:09:43 AM »
    Have a pirated (according to MS, but the shop where I bought it, cant convince the guys of MS of it...) Office 2003 and now the automatic updates wont install and keep bothering me with their icon......turn off automatic updates causes another problem because I get a warning from the system. what now?

AMD Athlon 3.2Ghz 3Gb RAM, Asus, XP included all gadgets, AVG and other defences, IE8

Salmon Trout

Re: automatic updates
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 05:02:34 AM »
    You will surely see why we will not give advice about how to turn off antipiracy protection for Microsoft products. The fact that you paid money to someone for a pirated version of Microsoft Office does give you any title to a Microsoft license. You have an issue with the vendor which is separate from the one you have with Microsoft. You can approach the vendor and request proof that your MS office is genuine, and if that is not forthcoming, you will have to purchase a MS Office license and try to get the money refunded by the vendor. Good luck!