Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Begin dumb of physical memory?  (Read 2352 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Begin dumb of physical memory?
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:54:30 PM »
Hello computer world!
Today yet my PC decided to tick me off once again. For a while now i have noticed my computer CPU fan has been running very loud so i popped open the case and realized the Thermal compound has dried away. None of it was on the motherboard so i used rubbing alcohol to clean the CPU and the heat sink. After wards i applied fresh thermal grease, and plugged the Power Supply, RAM, HDDS, DVD drives back in. The computer was way quieter now but when it booted windows xp pro it went to the welcome screen and gives me that blue screen, and says beginning dump of physical memory. It also says if this problem persists remove any new hardware. That's were I'm confused, you see i didn't add any new hardware. So whats wrong? If i were to insert the windows xp pro disk and repair windows would I still have all my personal data let on the drive? I'm very grateful for any help what so ever so please help me get this machine up and running again. My system specs will be posted at the bottom of this page. I need my computer back ASAP due to my schoolwork being on it so please help?

My system specs:
Windows XP Pro SP3
Motherboard: HP dc 533sff
CPU: 2.8 GHz from intel P4
RAM: 1 GB of DDR2 (4x 256mb)
HDD: 60 GB primary and 80 GB secondary
300 watt powersupply
256MB ATI radeon graphics from ATI

once again please help me with this machine please.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Begin dumb of physical memory?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:54:02 PM »
um lol how do i delete this> my computer booted up after 1 hour without being plugged in. Sorry for posting problem