Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Worms and wonky cursors w/no reboot  (Read 3715 times)

mysticelt

Worms and wonky cursors w/no reboot
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:58:36 PM »
I know, I know....

I have been unworthy.  Should'a updated Windows but I had just restored my computer with Symatec Restore and was still trying to get things going.....

I was in MOZilla Foxfire (have WinXP PRO) and the cursor went wonky, a popup for rolex watchs came up - I NEVER get pop-ups and don't have a cursor or skins theme.

Reboot and now cannot get reboot without Symantec recovery disk.  Think I have the new worm....even with the Recovery disk it won't let me on the net (to get the Win update)

How do I get a safe bootk into Windows - do I want to?  I have the fastest non-working pc on the planet!
HA! :'(

mysticelt

Re: Worms and wonky cursors w/no reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 01:05:56 PM »
Oh...

I have Symantec System Works Premier (which worked REALLY slow last night but didn't turn anything up) and ran Adaware SE Plus and RegHance as well.  This bugger is either insidious or is the idiot at the keyboard.  Either way I need your patient guidence.  Okay....maybe not so patient...LOL!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 07:26:37 PM »
    See if you can access safe mode with networking by pushing F8 at bootup before the windows gui starts.
    Then disable system restore & run all the scans you have.
    Then try for http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
    Then try to download, install, update & run
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

mysticelt

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 08:35:38 AM »
    Can't get there from Symatec - or I wouldn't have asked.

Read your PM - I took care of it.