Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 7 and email  (Read 2498 times)

tedder

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    windows 7 and email
    « on: March 07, 2011, 12:58:49 AM »
    I have just purchased a hp pavilion dv6 with  windows7 on it,and when I installed thunderbird it insists that I use  a password for my server(optusnet). I have never had a password for this account but I can go no   further. Any body help with this please. :P
    We are all individuals...always question

Sid

Apprentice
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: windows 7 and email
      « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:45:02 AM »
      I have just purchased a hp pavilion dv6 with  windows7 on it,and when I installed thunderbird it insists that I use  a password for my server(optusnet). I have never had a password for this account but I can go no   further. Any body help with this please. :P

Are you 100% sure you don't have a password for your emails?

Have you tried entering a blank password, or getting in touch with your email provider to find out what the password should be?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: windows 7 and email
      « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:05 AM »
      I never heard of an email account that requires no password.  I suspect your account has always had a password and that you are not aware of it, perhaps because the account was setup for you in your software by someone else and you never encountered a need to know it until now.  In other words, the password was saved in your email program, so you never needed to enter it. 

How did you do email before getting the new computer?