Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PASSWORD RETRIEVAL  (Read 2433 times)

PASSWORD RETRIEVAL
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:39:31 AM »
I hope that someone here will be able to help me with my problem. I have a flash drive that I saved some of my important files on a year ago and I password protected it. The problem is that I have forgotten my password. Is there a program or a way to retrieve my password or go around it? Or am I basically screwed and those files are lost forever?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: PASSWORD RETRIEVAL
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 05:30:14 PM »
If your password was likely uncomplicated and short in length, you could try a dictionary attack on it. I am unaware of any hack tools to get past the security on the chip on the memory stick. At times like this I would write down all the most probable passwords I would have likely used and try variants such as Upper Case first Character, all caps, all lowercase, and alpha-numeric combinations and/or phrases that I would likely use.

My one router that I havent been into in like 4 years I lost my password to it, and I was able to create a list of the most likely passwords used, then try variants... I ended up finding out it was a variant, and was able to get back into it without having to use reset button and then reprogram it all with ports and security.