Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Registry errors and High CPU usage  (Read 2391 times)

Cassie72

Registry errors and High CPU usage
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:00:32 AM »
 ::)Hi everyone, I`m new on here and having problems undrestanding certain messages that pop up onscreen!
1)  What are registry errors?  I keep getting a message that says I have 102 registry errors and inviting me toget them dealt with.  When I click on I see that it will cost me an amunt of money and am not sure so I close it down.
2) I keep getting a message showing me a graph and saying there is high CPU usage.
  This is from Internet Explorer.  No information about solving the problem whatever it means.  I`m really green, not at all technical, but these messages that keep displaying onscreen worry me!   Any advice please?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Registry errors and High CPU usage
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:03:46 AM »
First, ignore the messages and do not buy anything or try to repair "registry errors" - there are none. Second, it may be malware - let's find out.
Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html