Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer issue. Not sure exactly. Driver is what im thinking  (Read 4540 times)

Drewster

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer issue. Not sure exactly. Driver is what im thinking
    « on: March 09, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »
    I want to make sure who ever can help is on the same page as me so heres the story.

Bought "Sim Coaster" though amazon.com and soon found out it was from a 3rd party. (later was confirmed it was not pirated) I first inserted the disc (no box, just a disc) and nothing happend. My computers processer was working, i could hear it. But nothing, so i went into my computer where the game was noticed by my computer but seemed to be as a folder of some kind. I could open it only and get into detail about everything in the disc but the game wouldn't "run" only "open". i would try the individual programs like the setup and the installer, but it wouldn't work, eather i was told it was missing a file or the installer would just disappear.

I took the game to my tech center where they confirmed it was the real game, the guy put the game into his computer, (autoplay opened as a software game) but what i expected was it needed the code which was farther then i got with it. Later i search to find the seller to get the code or my money back but instead i read the reviews on the same game and nobody needed a code. Everyone got the game to work and the only bad reports were because of the game itself.

I took it back to the tech center and told them to look into it more and they refused, said theres nothing they can do without the code. Soon after i put the game into another computer (windows XP instead of Windows 7) where it worked, installed without any issue at all! It was not missing any files and did not need any code. Due to the computer though i managed to get it stuck in the driver so i brought it back, told them the update and that i got it stuck, easy fix but they told me to bring in my computer and they will see what they can do.

I updated ALL of my computer for the driver, windows, even the processer and the same thing happend. No change. Please post what you think is the problem or ask me for a way to contact me weather though instant messager or phone. Please don't post suggestions or guesses, cause more likely i can get it fixed by tomorrow or later, but if i could fix it now myself, it would be GREAT!

Thanks in advance.

Update: Heres the link to the product. http://www.amazon.com/Sim-Coaster-Pc/dp/B000056KDV/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1299716217&sr=1-1

Heres the link to the seller. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html?ie=UTF8&seller=A1PIKOYFK6E1MT

understand why i don't think the problem is the game and how it must be with my computer.
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:26:37 PM by Drewster »

Drewster

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Computer issue. Not sure exactly. Driver is what im thinking
      « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
      update: i use a Samsung with windows 7. Got it on Christmas day so it's still considered new. Not sure what else you may need to know so ill update if needed

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »
      Your issue is with Amazon...the seller.
      Deal with them direct to solve this.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Drewster

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
        its not with amazon, i looked the same exact game and everyone had positive freedback. And on the older computer, the game ran smoothly with no problems. Its not amazon, its my computer. thanks for the suggestion

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »
        If you insist...
        A 1st party app that you discovered was 3rd party doesn't sound Kosher to me at any rate...
        To decide that it's your machine instead of the product simply befuddles me.
        How do you "hear" a processor working by the way ? ?

At any rate i wish you the Best of Luck...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Drewster

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »
          is the real game, it came from a guy who had more then 20,00 sells overal on amazon with positive reports, to accuse the seller in that situation is an insult before i check my computer. Also, from what i was told in the past, the fan turning on louder and the disc reader moving while loading something means the processor is running and is trying to load what ever needs to be loaded.