Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Office Communicator - Have Conversation window jump to top when receive new  (Read 2959 times)

dfriedel

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    We use Office Communicator here at work quite a bit and it's good but one thing I would love to be able to set up is for it to pop to the top whenever I receive new communication from someone (whether it's a new conversation or just new text from an existing conversation). Since there are usually numerous items on my desktop, I often don't see the conversation window. There is an 'Always on Top' option, but don't want that - don't want to see it unless there is something to see. There is an option to 'play sounds', but I use a headset plugged into my laptop for my softphone and I don't keep it on unless I'm actually on the phone, so normally won't hear the sounds. The icon flashes on the task bar, but it's subtle enought that I don't see it unless I look for it.

I cannot find an option to do what I want, so seeing if anyone knows something I'm missing, or to see if there are any add-ons or fixes to do this.

I'm running Windows 7 with MS Office Communicator 7 Version 2.0.6362.137 - I think (seem to remember) that OC used to do something like this but it is not there in Windows 7 (if it was ever there).

Thanks,

don