Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC starts straight into safe mode choices, keeps looping, can't boot from cd  (Read 4062 times)

jude58

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi, I have a PC with windows xp pro, upon starting it goes straight to the safe mode choices. I have tried all options and it just loops back.
    When I try to power off, it just starts up again. I have to pull out the actual power cord.
    Have tried putting in the XP disc to start again and it still wont give me the option to boot from disc so I can reinstall.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Check your startup options in Task Manager...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    When the system first boots watch the screen for a message that says something like: To Enter Setup (or bios) press 'this key'

At that point, press the indicated key. Once in bios, change the boot order so that the cd is the first device listed. Save your change and exit. You should now be able to boot to the cd.

jude58

Topic Starter

I have tried this, and whenever I press any key, it gives 3 beeps and just loops back
      It just will not let me do anything

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      Do you happen to use a wireless keyboard or mouse? Try using another PS/2 or USB keyboard or mouse before booting.