Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My Acer Extensa 5620z wont boot properly.  (Read 5307 times)

nogginer

My Acer Extensa 5620z wont boot properly.
« on: March 11, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »
My laptop got knocked off the chair the other day and since then it wont boot properly. I get this on the screen,
Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v10.0.8
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
All rights reserved.

Broadcom Base Code PXE-2.1 v1.0.7
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Broadcom Corporation
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.
Operating System not found

and I haven't a clue what to do ??? Please help.

joking

Rookie

Re: My Acer Extensa 5620z wont boot properly.
    « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
    If it got knocked off, it probably jared something loose.  It's better to take to some place like Staples or Office Depot and let them check this out.  They usually have a free service to do that.  Barring that, have you tried pressing the F8 key on boot up.  You have to start pressing it as soon as you press the power button.  This should get you a boot up menu.  Select Safe Mode.  If you can get to a desktop check out Device Manager and see if something has been redlined or yellow exclaimed out.  If so that is the likely thing.  Looks like the network from your post.  that is a card that in installed on the laptops motherboard usually.  The error is either because it got dislodged or because the part of the hard disk it resided on is damaged.  If its the latter you need to get it to the manufacturer to have it replaced.  If you cracked the motherboard,  wo-oh.  New laptop in the making.  Hope it was under warrantee in any case.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: My Acer Extensa 5620z wont boot properly.
    « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
    The error given means reseating internal components. RAM module, Network card, CMOS battery, HD, cable connectors/plug. If you are not keen on doing this things, you may want to take it to a known technician to do the job.