Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse Key Problems  (Read 8554 times)

Kip

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Mouse Key Problems
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
If you turn off mouse keys and use the number pad to type numbers, do you get two numbers per press?
Happiness is not getting what you want, it is wanting what you get.

Tokkulmann

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Hmm, an interesting thought, but I just tried it and I get single digits. I pressed the keys pretty firmly too. This is using relatively high repeat delay and acceleration.

jessiered0510

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »

Great forum!!! Thanks for the information guys. Now I know what to do when I encounter things like this.

Weeku

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
I have this exact same dilemma. However, I have solved it by creating a separate user on my computer (non-admin). It works fine after that, but I would really like to know what the problem is on my admin user. . .

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 10:42:23 AM »
You are responding to an old thread. If you have a question of your own please start a new topic.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »
Personally, I'd complain to the game creator. Even games shouldn't be allowed to get away with the lack of a keyboard interface.... (well, except console games for obvious reasons).

It doesn't immediately solve your problem but if enough people want it they may have "no choice" but to add a working keyboard interface.

In fact, they very well already have one. If you are able to navigate your "inventory" (if that is what it is) using the arrow keys, you might also be able to use the Application key to show the menu. I don't know, though-I think the menu shown would probably be the same menu you get from right-clicking the applet.

Also, this might sound crazy, but you could try an entirely different keyboard. the keyboard you are using could have something wrong with it or the bounce detection IC could have failed (so when you release the key from a "firm" press it registers a second "bounce" press. This would also ignore the keyboard repeat rate and delay settings since to the computer it appears as an entirely separate keypress. I'm more totally guessing, but it is feasible. And if you have an extra keyboard lying around it's free to try.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Jellybeanies

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 01:51:07 AM »
having almost the same issue with my laptops touchpad...it just transfers things so i have to raise my wrist when i type and I can't just put my wrist on the sides of the pad...how do i turn it off so that i can just use a separate mouse