Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop CD Rom  (Read 2473 times)

wink55

Topic Starter

Starter

Laptop CD Rom
    « on: March 16, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
    My laptop is not completing reading the CD Rom drive.  Under 'My computer' it does not show a CD/DVD drive, however, when I look at Device Manager, it shows DVD/CD-ROM drives, sub Slimtype DVD A DSBA 1H ATA Device but the icon on the left shows an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle.

Under Network adapters it shows Microsoft ISATAP adpter #2, also with the exclamation point in a yellow triangle.

What is happening and how do I fix it?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Laptop CD Rom
    « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »
    What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

wink55

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
      jut downloaded Norton upgrade and it was done remote by Norton.

I looked on the internet to see if I needed to update the drivers and it says, all drivers are already updated.

Thanks for your response.  I hope you or someone can help me.  Wendy

joking

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »
        I would uninstall the Norton's and not connect to the internet for this test.  Then see if you can read the cd.  If not then open device manager and remove the cd rom drive.  Then reboot let it be redetected and then try to read a disk.  Make sure you remove the cd before you reboot though.  Could be the cd is defective.