Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba Equium Laptop Harddrive not recognised  (Read 3006 times)

Stevewilz

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Toshiba Equium Laptop Harddrive not recognised
    « on: March 16, 2011, 03:55:55 PM »
    Hi there has anyone found out how to replace a Toshiba Equium Laptop Harddrive?
    The harddrive is exactly the same spec as the one its replacing (Hitachi 120Gig sata)
    When I try to use a Valid XP disc the windows installation software says no hard disc found?
    The harddrive is there in the bios in the main page, but in the security page there is a line called 'Built in HDD Password' with a space in brackets saying 'User only'
    Does this indicate some sort of password is required? If so could anyone please advise me where I might find such a thing?
    There is no help that I could find on the Toshiba home page on this matter...
     :'( :'(
    « Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:32:31 PM by Stevewilz »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Toshiba Equium Laptop Harddrive
    « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »
    Dont use a password...
    Is it a SATA HDD ? ?
    If so very early on in the Win re-install process there will be a prompt stating"Press F6 to install additional drivers " .....at that point insert the Driver CD for the laptop and the drivers will be automaticallly installed...
    Best of Luck.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Stevewilz

Topic Starter

Re: Toshiba Equium Laptop Harddrive
      « Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »
      Hi there yes it is a sata drive but I have never had a drivers disc, when I have reinstalled this laptop in the past, before my harddrive died windows found all the drivers from its own store of drivers!
      Dont use a password...
      Is it a SATA HDD ? ?
      If so very early on in the Win re-install process there will be a prompt stating"Press F6 to install additional drivers " .....at that point insert the Driver CD for the laptop and the drivers will be automaticallly installed...
      Best of Luck.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      Re: Toshiba Equium Laptop Harddrive not recognised
      « Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »
      Never rely on Windows drivers...,
      DLoad the appropiate Drivers from the manuf. site and either burn them to a CD or put them on a flash drive...
      Then follow the recipe above...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "