Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flashing Black screen in graphics intensive games (Graphics card?)  (Read 3160 times)

JacoG7

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Specifications:
    Intel H55 Mobo
    4x 1GB Corsair DDR3-1333 ValueRam
    Intel i5 750 CPU with Zalman CNPS5 CPU cooler
    Leadtek GTS 250 512MB
    Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    Gigabyte 585watt (Model: GE-585A-C2)

Load temperatures:
    CPU: 45 Celsius
    Graphics 58 Celsius

Problem:
    In games: Screen starts to go black after a while and then flashes back to game... Keeps on doing this more frequently and for longer if you keep on playing. When you come back there is normally a graphics glitch like a small line of blurred graphics for a second and then it goes back to normal. This happens more frequently in graphics intensive games.
    [Happens the quickest in Racing game: GRID]

What I've tried:
    *Installed new CPU cooler(ZALMAN mentioned above), CPU temp was running bit high.
    *Dusted components/ fans
    *Checked all the connections.
    *Installed latest drivers for graphics card (from leadtek and then tried latest from nvidia.)
    *Uninstalled Intel TurboBoost
    *Did windows updates

I suspect that it is my graphics card. I'm considering taking it to the place I bought it and asking them to take a look at the card since it is still under warranty.

Any other suggestions/ Advice?? ???

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Flashing Black screen in graphics intensive games (Graphics card?)
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
    If it is still under warranty i woulld not hesitate to return it for a replacement...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "