Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deleting a download  (Read 2156 times)

Gallagher

Deleting a download
« on: August 17, 2005, 09:07:51 AM »
Hello all, I downloaded a program "Disk Investigator" to see about undeleting previous deleted files. Needless to say, the program was a bit beyond my computer comprehension so I therefore decided to delete the program. I then went to control panel...add/delete....and deleted it there. I also went to c\program files and tried to delete the file there but an error message read.....Cannot delete di.exe...Access is denied...The source file may be in use.....I went to Task Manager to see if it was running there and it wasn't. I also checked processes and found di.exe and considered, end process, but a warning message read.....can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability. The process will not be given the chance to save its state or data before it is terminated......my question is....How can I delete this di.exe and was the warning in task manager a "DO NOT ATTEMPT" endeavor? Thanks for any help or explaination!

Raptor

Re: Deleting a download
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:19:47 AM »
Try removing it from safe mode.

Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:52:23 AM »
Raptor.....situation resolved....Thanks!

A procedural question.....When a query is resolves, is it automatically deleted from the "forum slate", or am I responsible?

Again, Thanks for yor help! Am learning alot thru this forum.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 11:09:15 AM »
A procedural question.....When a query is resolves, is it automatically deleted from the "forum slate", or am I responsible?

It will stay on the forum for many a generation to see. Don't worry.  ;)