Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: viewing internet video  (Read 2719 times)

john rowland

viewing internet video
« on: August 17, 2005, 03:01:27 PM »
hi everyone,first may i add that i'm a little better than a computer newbie,but only just
the problem, when i try to view an internet video i get a window pop up that reads
WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER CANNOT PLAY THE FILE.
IF THE FILE IS LOCATED ON THE INTRNET,CONNECT TO THE INTERNET(this makes no sense to me as i'm allready on someones site,so i'm allready connected)
IF THE FILE IS LOCATED A REMOVABLE STORAGE CARD,INSERT THE STORAGE CARD.
then when i close this window i get the media player screen with playlist 1 in the top left hand corner.
so then i click on the play button,and am returned to the message window as above in caps again.
i went thru a help page on one site and it says that i needed microsoft media player 10,which has been on the comp for 2 years any way,but i downed it and installed it again just in case but no joy
can any one help me and explain in simple terms please
thanx in advance john.

yourfateissealed

Re: viewing internet video
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 03:40:44 PM »
So you are running MP10?

Are you trying to view the file via a link, or though the "Media Guide"

john rowland

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 04:22:22 PM »
a link i suppose
i dont know wat the other you mention is.
they are  on sites like kontraband.(free sites)
or on a football website where i have paid an anuall subscription to axcess their video data base

john rowland

mp10Re: viewing internet video
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 04:29:07 PM »
ps,am running  mp10 or so my son tells me

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 04:32:39 PM »
Update video/audio codecs./macromedia/flash player........or use apple quicktime.......
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 04:33:30 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »
Contact the administrator of the website and ask him if you require any codecs to view his material.

Also make certain that your firewall is NOT blocking Windows Media Player in any way!