Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Constant Hard Drive Activity Disappeared After Disabling Adobe Flash And Plugins  (Read 5915 times)

Boris_yo

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Usually i have 50 tabs open. I have upgraded Firefox to version 3.6.15 and Adobe Flash to latest version 10.2.152.32 | 10.2 r152. After that started seeing constant hard drive activity and plugin-container was taking over 300Mb. I have disabled all plugins and Adobe Flash. The end result was positive - plugin-container now takes 1Mb, there is not hard drive activity and when i click on already opened tabs, they open faster. I still have not tried reactivating all plugins, but have a feeling the problem is in Adobe Flash.

Does anybody have same problem?

Anybody knows where i can download previous Adobe Flash versions? I will have to downgrade because i cannot live without Adobe Flash.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Have you considered you may be infected ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Boris_yo

Topic Starter

Rookie

@Geek-9pm

Why are files so large?

@patio

I always have MSE updated plus i scanned computer with it (quick scan) and Malware-Antibytes (quick scan) and no problems.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      @Geek-9pm
      Why are files so large?
      They are debugger programs used by developers. Otherwise, Adobe recommends end-users should only user the currents version for Adobe Flash and Plug-Ins.

Some Mal Ware has propagated itself as bogus Adobe files. The real Adobe files are clean. To be on the safe side, download the real fies only after you know the PC is clean.