Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Sound from Outlook Express, hotmail, or MSN  (Read 3283 times)

Bob Casey

No Sound from Outlook Express, hotmail, or MSN
« on: August 18, 2005, 09:12:28 PM »
I have two accounts on an XP Prof. system. One account has no sound notification for Outlook, hotmail, or MSN messages. This only happens for the notifications with these programs. However, sounds play fine as .wav files or audio through the sound card. Similarly the other account plays e-mail notifications properly. It appears to be with only the first mentioned account? However, I don't want to delete the account because it is an administrative account to the PC?

Raptor

Re: No Sound from Outlook Express, hotmail, or MSN
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 07:17:02 AM »
Try doing the following:

1. Start
2. Settings
3. Control Panel
4. Sounds and audio devices
5. Sounds tab
6. Select a sound configuration that suits you.

Bob Casey

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 09:43:56 PM »
Unfortunately, I have already tried that still with no sound. The only other thing I can think of is to delete the id and start over with a new id. However, I will then lose all of my desktop configuration and shortcuts.
I can play wav files and other sounds. The other persons id on this computer will also play sond notifications with e-mail. The configurations under the sound tab appear to be the same? It has been rather baffliing trying to fis it.  >:(

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 09:49:45 PM »
    Outlook>Tools>Options>General>Play sounds....