Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: exclamation point device manager-display  (Read 5780 times)

ejames82

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    exclamation point device manager-display
    « on: April 03, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
    Hello,

In my device manager I have an unwanted exclamation point in a yellow circle in
    display adapters-video controllers (vga compatible).
    I just reinstalled xp on a gateway 5310s.  I'm almost positive this is my motherboard (everything there looks exactly like my MB).

http://www.ascendtech.us/itemdesc.asp?ic=MB4GWAUGSBURG

there are supposed drivers available for download here:

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn&param=1008368

Instead of botching up my computer over an annoying exclamation point, I thought it would be wise to get help from experts.  the computer is working fine right now.  there is no indication that there is a problem (other than the exclamation point).

I have belarc advisor and everest installed, but I thought i'd wait until you asked for info, so as not to overload the thread with unneeded clutter.  I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.

I really appreciate the help as always.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: exclamation point device manager-display
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
    You're not required to install anything, but I assume you can only view VGA mode (640x480, 16colors).
    Your model is here:
    IntelVideo4308.exe
    Intel(r) Express Chipset Family Video Driver Version: 6.14.10.4308
    Gateway 5310S Desktop Computer [Part #1008368]
    http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=20224&dscr=Intel(r)%20Express%20Chipset%20Family%20Video%20DriverVersion:%206.14.10.4308&uid=301446962

ejames82

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 01:56:10 PM »
      Computer_Commando,

I installed the driver, rebooted, and was greeted by a desktop that was 1280x1024.  Everything was so tiny, yet so clear.  You were right on the money again.

Thank you again kind sir ;D
      take care, and we'll see you again!

bifurious

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 09:14:07 AM »
        I was wondering about this as well. I have the same thing going on, a bunch of yellow exclamations under display adapters in the device manager. Since it seemed to work out good for you, I think I will track down the drivers and see what happens. Thanks.
        I am considering buying a new computer. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I check out hhgregg? I have never been there. Thanks.