Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD/CD fails to read-write yet status healthy/recognized  (Read 2058 times)

Uncle Eggo

Topic Starter

• Please forgive me, for I know not what I do.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    DVD/CD fails to read-write yet status healthy/recognized
    « on: April 04, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »
    PROBLEM:DVD/CD fails to read or write, yet it is recgnized and healty status.
    SYMPTOMS: Worked before. Fails to play any commercially mfg DVD/CD or media burned  with same drive. All types of media failed except  2 software install disks. So it is working in a very limited way. Most attempts to play media result in "please insert disk" or spins until physically ejected
    RESOLVED?: I've located a WER indicating "Device\CdRom0, has a bad block"
    The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39}
     to the user grjacsks-PC\grjacsks SID (S-1-5-21-1015026609-2897599639-1923097585-1000) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

TO SUMMARIZE: My access as a user and administrator to my DVD unit has been blocked. Following instructions from MS HELP Event ID 10016 — COM Security Policy to Configuration  to correct have failed (because I don't know what the heck I'm doing). Help is needed here.

FINALLY: This is an ugent matter now because I need to create a restore disk. Entire system is acting "goofy" (no virus or malware found) and I see doom approaching. If anything, I need to back up partitions to my usb 1T back-up drive-but most programs only will burn a disk. See my situation? I'm about to cry over this entire event because of feeling so helpless. A computer should not create this emotion, right?