Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xbox not finding PC  (Read 3290 times)

Bilabis

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Xbox not finding PC
    « on: April 07, 2011, 08:04:18 AM »
    Hi all,
    I'm really in a pickle!
    My PC is running Vista Home premium, 32bit operating system.

I have spent the past 7 days trolling this great site and others for answers, but even though there is some great help, it doesn't seen to help me :(

Here's my problem

I have been streaming music, films & pic's to my xbox for over 2yrs. about a week ago this all stopped. The computer sees the xbox but not the other way round...
    I have tried everything from firewall to  turning the reg' items to automatic. The xbox & PC are wired through same modem. Tried installing Tversity, but this also struggled to stay connected and find the sharing files. Also the basic bits i know how to: ie: allow xbox in media sharing box, restart modem and the like.  know theres no problem with the wires as i can still log into xbox live and use PC at same time.

What I have noticed is this: In the network place where it says view computer and devises, there is a devise missing. Its the media one (i cant explain it better then that). It was there when i installed Tversity, but now I uninstalled this its gone again. this was/is important i feel

Any other info needed please ask any ideas to help please that would be great