Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to add PC computer drivers if no internet installed?  (Read 4672 times)

genevictor

How to add PC computer drivers if no internet installed?
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:09:03 AM »
I got my Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop a few years ago, and it never came with a set of drivers...

The other day it got some viruses so we sent it to get repaired, and they cleared the whole computer...

I had to reinstall the Microsoft programs, but sound, internet etc do NOT work...

How to I reinstall the computer drivers if I do not have internet?

THANK YOU SO MUCH :)
Your help is appreciated!

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: How to add PC computer drivers if no internet installed?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:19:14 AM »
Download the drivers from the Dell Website on a different computer, save them to usb drive or cd and transfer them to the laptop, then install them.

truenorth

Guru

Re: How to add PC computer drivers if no internet installed?
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »
    Or alternatively depending on what your service (technician) agreed would be the state of your repaired computer given back to you it may be possible to have them reintroduce the software that has been deleted and not reinstalled. I would call them and explain your issue and ask them if they can assist you. Hopefully at no further cost.The absent items are very critical (as you undoubtedly know) for your full use and enjoyment of your computer. truenorth