Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flash Player/Active X problem?  (Read 2611 times)

ananannnaxx

Flash Player/Active X problem?
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »
On my laptop, I recently got a virus. Literally nothing would work properly, but somehow I fixed it using a Malware Bytes and RKill program. When I got it back up and running, a bubble kept popping up saying I had low disk space. I ran all kinds of Disk Cleanups, removed unused programs, and so on to create space. I was so focused on getting my laptop fixed and creating space that I uninstalled a ton of things, not really caring what they were. I must have uninstalled something important, because Internet Explorer 8 doesn't load certain pages anymore. I don't know if it's a Flash Player problem or what, because Facebook is just a blank page besides the blue navigation bar, Youtube ads are not showing up as they usually should, and virtual games do not work. I figured this was a shockwave problem since ads and games require Adobe Shockwave, but when I go to install that, I click the "Agree & Download" button and it just refreshes the page. I tried an alternative download, which only brought a pop up that usually says "Run / Save / Cancel", the download pop up, but this time it had a "Find" button instead of "Run". So now I cannot download shockwave or flash player, and on Facebook I tried clearing the cache/cookies/browsing history, and adding an 's' to 'http' in the address bar with no luck. Help??

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Flash Player/Active X problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 01:40:29 AM »
Check your IE SFO or other add-ons status(enabled/disabled).

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Flash Player/Active X problem?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
Facebook is just a blank page
Well, you logon and view your facebook home page, right? So, not until you try to start playing some game on facebook does the problem start.  Am I right?

I don't know what to tell you about IE.  You might Firefox or Opera.