Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: emailing  (Read 2679 times)

leonardharrietha

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Beginner
    emailing
    « on: April 12, 2011, 07:21:32 AM »
    In windows live. I have my contact list from connecting to facebook. When sending a email, I click on the "To" button to call up my contact list,only a part of my contact list pops up. But when I click on my contact list link, everybody is there.

osmo

Rookie

• Without pain... There is no Love...
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: emailing
      « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
      did you try to start typing the persons name or e-mail? usually they will just pop up then with the rest of the name or address

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 08:22:49 AM »
      I have my contact list from connecting to facebook.
      You don't put email addresses in facebook; you communicate with facebook friends through facebook.  So, exactly what is Windows Live supposed to import from facebook?  I tried "connecting" to facebook from my little used Windows Live email account and no entries got added to Windows Live contacts.  And, again, why would they, since we don't use email addresses in facebook, other than adding our own address so that we receive facebook notifictions?

Edit: Correction: I now see a facebook friends list in Windows Live but those do not appear when I open new message panel and click on To:, just as you've noted.  But, again, why would they? 
      « Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:32:53 AM by soybean »

Mulreay

Egghead
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Space and Science
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
      You don't put email addresses in facebook; you communicate with facebook friends through facebook.  So, exactly what is Windows Live supposed to import from facebook?  I tried "connecting" to facebook from my little used Windows Live email account and no entries got added to Windows Live contacts.  And, again, why would they, since we don't use email addresses in facebook, other than adding our own address so that we receive facebook notifictions?

Edit: Correction: I now see a facebook friends list in Windows Live but those do not appear when I open new message panel and click on To:, just as you've noted.  But, again, why would they?

There Is a LOT wrong with this statement. There are/is an EPIC amount of sites today that offer 'log in with facebook'. When you log into facebook your login is an email address. Fact. Not sure what your trying to prove but the poster was quite right.
      For when the One Great Scorer comes
      To write against your name,
      He marks - not that you won or lost,
      But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay