Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with printer duplicating itself  (Read 2968 times)

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Problems with printer duplicating itself
    « on: May 18, 2011, 04:07:31 PM »
    I have an HP computer with XP home. I have an HP F2110 all in one printer. Every so often I see on my computer screen the printer being installed like it is a new piece of hardware. When this happens I look in the control panel at the printers and there will be a printer icon but it will printer #2. I have seen as many as 5 printers. I delete all of the printers but one. I go into services to HP device discovery and stop this service. Everything will be alright for a few days. Then the process starts again. I look at the services and HP device discovery is started again. Does anyone know how to correct this problem?

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Problems with printer duplicating itself
      « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:22:53 PM »
      HP finally come out with a patch (fix) for this problem. I found it on their website. I am sure glad because I have had this problem for 2 years.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Problems with printer duplicating itself
      « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
      Chiming in a bit late, but glad you found a solution. I had the same thing with my HP, except I have 4 printers. It kept dupliucating them all on boot or when one was unplugged and plugged back in. Annoying that was.