Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please Help Me  (Read 2595 times)

Mat_t-13

Please Help Me
« on: April 15, 2011, 03:30:47 PM »
I dont know whats going on with this computer, all of a sudden my computer has gone haywire and there isnt anything i can do about it.

About 2 weeks ago, i was playing one of my favorite games and my computer Bluescreened saying one of my drivers was broken. so with my brothers help (He is a computer system technician) he helped me repair it, and it worked for a long time. But now it continues to error giving me the same error as before and its as frequent as it was before.

Also i think something has given me a virus, as i was saying, 2 weeks ago my computer gave me a error and when i booted my pc back up none of my processes (including computer security and such) would load. and if i click a shortcut or a .exe file, it asks me to choose from a list of programs to run as, example:

I click Windows Media Player (shortcut or .exe) and it brings up this box that tells me to "Choose from a list of programs or browse for it" if i choose from the list of programs and click windows media player, it opens it.

This also happenes to internet explorer, the thing is, if i open internet explorer it asks me to save internet explorer.exe to my computer, of course i dont but it still asks me, then it closes internet explorer if i do not save the file. so over skype my friend sent me the installer for firefox and i can now use internet.

I tryed multiple times to use system restore and boot up AVG Free, but it tells me its against some perameter so it wont load them.

I need help fixing my computer, i dont know what exactly gave me this, i open many emails, i download games off thepiratebay.org and other sites. other than that i dont use my computer for much.

id there is anything people can do to help me fix this issue without completely wiping the computer and reinstalling windows please let me know. thank you

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Please Help Me
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:36:09 PM »
I need help fixing my computer, i dont know what exactly gave me this, i open many emails, i download games off thepiratebay.org and other sites. other than that i dont use my computer for much.
Is this a joke?  :o
First of all, Welcome to the forum.
You are infected. For sure.
Start a new post on the Virus removal forum.
Before you post, read the first two or three posts -
they  explain how to ask for help there.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:40:14 PM »
Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 04:16:41 AM »
i dont know what exactly gave me this, i open many emails, i download games off thepiratebay.org and other sites. other than that i dont use my computer for much.

Then once you've followed Allans' advice, maybe research the concept of 'Safe computing'
11 cheers for binary !