Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tenda W307R router,won't connect wirelessly  (Read 5848 times)

Vandermide

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Tenda W307R router,won't connect wirelessly
    « on: May 02, 2011, 06:52:23 AM »
    I am an English living in Spain part of the year, I had a Belgin 54G router  to enable a wireless situation in my house, the house was struck by lightening which  fried just about everything that was connected including the router. The laptop was not connected therefore OK. I have just bought a Tenda wireless router and connected it to my Hughes net satelite modem. Connected the erthenet cable and within minutes I was on the net. I connect to local area network instantly then my laptop is set to conect to a VPN automatically, all is well until I remove the erthenet wire then I loose VPN connection. I also have a Android  epad which when in UK it connects to any network I am in vicinty of but not to mine. I am not very computer savy but will attempt anything sugested as I have re run the setup wizard 17 times in the last few days to no avail. can anyone help please.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Tenda W307R router,won't connect wirelessly
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:53:57 AM »
    Please provide what OS you are using and did it work before on the Belkin router running on wireless VPN?
    See here on some steps you may have miss -> http://www.ehow.com/how_7310338_use-vpn-wireless-connectivity.html

Vandermide

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 04:22:12 AM »
      Hi there, I am on Vista 32bit on a Advent 5431 laptop. It worked 100% with the Belkin 54g router but as stated it was fried along with loads of other equipment at the same time. Laptop was not connecte to anything so is OK. with the erthnet cable pluged into the router and the router pluged into the Hughesnet modem I can access the internet without fail. wirelessly through the router no chance. the router is sending out the local area network signal which I have recieved on my epad in my bedroom but no VPN so no internet.  Help please
      Regards Vandermide

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »