Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NTLDR?  (Read 2218 times)

D.M.

NTLDR?
« on: August 21, 2005, 12:07:22 AM »
Hi, I recently just bought a new 80 gig Hard drive and need some help. I installed the drivers and such for the HD and then tryed to boot up the computers from the Windows XP disk I have. Made sure that is was booting from the disk. Now I get to this NTLDR thing and asks if I want to restart. Any ideas?

Raptor

Re: NTLDR?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 05:07:25 AM »
See the following article: NTLDR  is missing

Mac

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 10:42:49 AM »
Has this new drive been partitioned and formatted?

aminon

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 02:59:18 AM »
How'd you install the drivers if you can't boot to the disk? Or if it won't read the XP disk it could be you have a problem there, unlikely though if that's the disk you used to load XP.

NTLDR is missing is basically your computer saying I don't know where to boot. Usually this is associated with a hard drive that isn't partitioned or formatted. It could be that something didn't install correctly on the boot sector as well. Also your ram or motherboard, but it's unlikely.

My advice is to check the disk, try to boot it from another computer. If it doesn't work you need to fix your boot sector, which usually means a format, but there could be another way. . .