Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer beeps, black screen, will not boot up.  (Read 6039 times)

un1t3dp1aya

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer beeps, black screen, will not boot up.
    « on: April 24, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
    Hello, im currently running an ECS HT2000 Geforce6100 SM-S V1.0, with an Amd dual core, at 2.0 . I have 4 gigs off ddr 2, and a geforce 7800 gt video card.

as you can see some off my parts are fairly old, i purchased a new video card, a geforce gts 450, the guy at frys said i would need a new power supply, mine currently at 350, i bought a thermaltake TR2 430w

Everything was working fine, i just wanted to upgrade my video card. Yesterday i took out my old card and power supply, connected all power cords to the new power supply, and put in my new card but system just beeps, it wont boot up. so i put back my old video card, still no change, then i put back my old power supply again no change. So now everythings back to how it was before i replaced the parts, but my comp wont turn on. when i push power it just beeps, black screen. i went thru n made sure all connectons were complete, and i only have the power n video card connected in the back.

Can anyone offer any advice? i dont wanna go to geek squad, but iono what i did wrong. :/

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer beeps, black screen, will not boot up.
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
    ...So now everythings back to how it was before i replaced the parts, but my comp wont turn on. ...
    You missed something.

un1t3dp1aya

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 03:20:07 PM »
      i only have a few things to power, my dvd player, motherboard, hard drive, video card, a two fans, iono what i missed.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »
        If you go to the computer manufacturer's web site and seek the beep code definitions then it will help you to know what the issue is. I suggest looking at the computer beep codes first so when you listen to them they will (or should) be more recognizable. If from that code it still doesn't help you post back with what you believe the code to be and perhaps we can help you.truenorth

un1t3dp1aya

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »
          Sooooo I went ahead and unplugged everything, down to the mobo, cpu, and psu. I tested the system with just those, and everytime i added my hardware one piece at a time, video card, sound card, then dvd drive and hard drive. The one thing i did do different is i left out my old network card cause i dont use it anymore, once I hit power everything worked like normal.

I doubt that was the problem, and im not going to try to put in my new video card and power supply unit again, I plan to just buy new parts for those and build a seperate system. Can anyone recommend a good mobo and cpu to use for a Gforce GTS 450 and a Thermaltake TR2 430w? im not that knowledgable with computer hardware, but i do know sometimes some parts dont always work with others.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »
          The dead network card could very well have caused those symptoms...
          Go ahead and add the other components 1 at a time.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

un1t3dp1aya

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »
            ohhh, should I try reloading the new hardware again then? I did have the old network card in when I tried to boot it with the new ones.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
            « Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »
            After adding the component, power on and boot then went back to same issue, reinsert again or it could be causing the issue. The NICard as you posted could also be an issue based on your post. So you might be looking for a replacement here.