Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can not open Logical Drive  (Read 2637 times)

stevener11

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Can not open Logical Drive
    « on: April 26, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »
    I have 2 Physicall Drives, 64GIG SSD and a 750 GIG HD.  I am running Windows 7 32B Home Premium.  I have attached a pricture of how my drives are configured.  As you can see, Disk 0 has a  my logical drive N in the same place as my Physical 64 GiG SSD.
    I can not open and view anything on logical drive N (100 GiGs), it contains about 27 GIGS of Files.  How can I change logical drive N to show up as a drive attached to my 750GIG HD.  Thanks Steve

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]
    SBE

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can not open Logical Drive
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:44 PM »
    stevener11, the picture shows three drives.
    What is your problem?
    IMO, part of your issue you need to give short unique  names (labels) to your drives and partitions. Stop calling then C D E F and so on. The drive letters change. And you can  have a drive without a letter and still be part of the files system. If you want. But once Windows assigns letters, you ought to leave them. Changing the label of the drive is OK and it helps one to organize things.

In Windows 7 there is no need to call a drive a 'logical' drive. In fact, the picture you show does not have any drives called 'logical' drives. Notice they are all called primary drives.

Which drive is it that you can not find? The picture is not wide enough to see all the names and letters.