Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: toolbars do not appear when excel worksheet is opened  (Read 5436 times)

mrmidden

toolbars do not appear when excel worksheet is opened
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
I'm working on a Macbook Pro with Mac OS X, version 10.6.7.  Recently, when opening a new excel worksheet or existing file, the toolbars do not appear at the top of the sheet.  I open View>Toolbars and both Standard and Formatting are checked.  I have to uncheck one, reopen View>toolbars, recheck the one I unchecked and then the space for the toolbars appears without the toolbars.  Finally, when I place the cursor in that space and click, they will appear.  Each time I close and reopen a file, I have to go through the same process. 

This annoyance started recently, but I can't link it to anything that may have caused it.  Any help would be appreciated.

ian124

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: toolbars do not appear when excel worksheet is opened
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 07:57:15 AM »
    I would try repairing the permissions using disk utility that can help resolve little glitches like the one you are having

billiehawkins

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: toolbars do not appear when excel worksheet is opened
      « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 03:43:24 AM »
      I would Delete the "com.microsoft.Excel.plist " file located in the <your hard drive>/Users/<your account>/Library/Preferences/ folder.
      Then, Go to the <your hard drive>/Users/<your account>/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office XXX/ folder and move the "Excel Toolbars" file to the desktop.

This should reset all toolbars and menus to defaults on next launch of Excel.