Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NETWORK CONNECTION IS UNPLUGGED  (Read 4517 times)

raj36562

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    NETWORK CONNECTION IS UNPLUGGED
    « on: May 23, 2011, 06:30:16 AM »
    Here i have installed VM Ware server 1.0.5 in my windows7 operating system.....in tht VM Ware my network connection is unplugged..even my Ethernet card driver is installed properly......my interent is working properly in the windows7...not in the VM Ware....does any one know the solution?hw to rectify?

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
      • Programming Blog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: NETWORK CONNECTION IS UNPLUGGED
    « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:49 AM »
    raj36562,
    Let's see, you are NOT using the VM product from Microsoft.
    Instead, you are using VM Ware server 1.0.5, a product from another party.

Here is a general reference.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Virtual_PC

But you are asking about a specific product not made by Microsoft. So there may be few here that can help you. The other poster, above, gave you the nest answer available.

But did you not already check their website? And it you bought the product, why did they not help you?

Just curious.
    EDIT: Confusion has hit me again. Is this the product?
    http://www.vmware.com/products/server/overview.html

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
    Quote from: The Geek
    And if you bought the product, why did they not help you?

Quote from: VMWare
    VMware Server is a free, easy-to-use Windows and Linux application

Check VM network settings.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »
    Sorry for the confusion.   :-[
    I had found sites that offer ether that product or a similar product and you had to pay for it.
    The promise of a cost-effective, flexible, and scalable data center that can respond immediately to changing business needs is your competitive advantage in today’s market.
    Does not sound like a free product. Found in a Google search. And their were  WOT yellow dots.

The term VMWare is a registered trademark.
    VMware®
    VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) is a company providing virtualization software[1][2][3] founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by EMC Corporation.
    VMware's desktop software runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, while VMware's enterprise software hypervisors for servers, VMware ESX and VMware ESXi, are bare-metal embedded hypervisors that run directly on server hardware without requiring an additional underlying operating system.[4]

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
    The term VMWare is a registered trademark.

... and your point is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware_Server

VMware Server (formerly VMware GSX Server) is a free-of-charge virtualization-software server suite developed and supplied by VMware, Inc.

VMware Server has fewer features than VMware ESX, software available for purchase, but can create, edit, and play virtual machines. It uses a client–server model, allowing remote access to virtual machines, at the cost of some graphical performance (and 3D support). It can run virtual machines created by other VMware products and by Microsoft Virtual PC.

VMware Server can preserve and revert to a single snapshot copy of each separate virtual machine within the VMware Server environment. The software does not have a specific interface for cloning virtual machines, unlike VMware Workstation. Unlike Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware does allow VM memory to be over-committed.

In January 2010 VMware Server was declared End Of Availability; general support will end on June 30, 2011

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:51:50 PM by Salmon Trout »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »
    Thank you Salmon-Trout.
    The free version of the product is still available and now is at version 2.0 and can be download from the Mware site.

There are other free things like it, but not the same.
    Category:Free virtualization software

raj36562

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
      i couldnt understand no one answers.......pla say clealry what u people trying to say.............?here i hve installed al drivers....but my VM Ware XP operating system shown his internet connection is unplugged......in windows7 its working properly...not in the VMWare....my network connection type is bridged...using network connection from DSL