Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I administer my website  (Read 10023 times)

lavel

How do I administer my website
« on: April 14, 2011, 08:44:28 AM »
 I'd like to know (before I ask my crazy friend of mine) how to administer a webpage? She knows the stuff butI want to know on my own how to do that. I'm frustrated.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: How do I administer my website
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »
You need access to the web server hosting the website.  Such access can usually be accomplished either via access to a control panel opened with your web browser by going to a special web page of the hosting service, or by using FTP software to connect directly from your computer to the web server.  In either case, you need a username and password.  And, obviously, you would need to either be the person of developed the web page, created the account with the hosting service, and published the web page to the world wide web, or you would need to be authorized as an administrator by the person who has already created and published the web page. 

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 01:52:47 PM »
What you want rreally to manage , for what script you are talking about ?

Lay Berls

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:18:31 AM »
    Hi there,
    Here what you need as a beginner is a copy of Microsoft Expression. How you get it is up to you. Now that you have that installed, just start it up. Go to File-Import-Import Site Wizard. Once that window comes up, make sure you select the HTTP bullet. Type in the address of your web server (e.g suppose link deleted) and hit next. Go with the default location on the next window, and hit next. When the next window comes up, hit next, then finish. You website may take a few minutes to download. Now you can use Expression to make changes easy. To upload the changes goto File-export-Export site Wizard. The same steps apply to uploading as downloading.

Good luck.
    - Ley berls.
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:11:28 AM by Allan »