Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 95 problems  (Read 4795 times)

Jenny

Windows 95 problems
« on: August 22, 2005, 03:48:42 AM »
Hi,

I recently found  laptop with windows 95 on - and I'm working on trying to upgrade it. I installed service pack one - but I wasn't sure where to locate the download to make it 4.00.950c instead of a. (I couldn't find this on the microsoft website :(

Also, I've been trying to find a version of activeX for 95 - is there one?

I also downloaded a programme (a very basic text adventure) which wont run because it can't find MSVBVM60.DLL - I subsequently copied it from my xp computer. I couldn't see a file for System32 in my windows folder on the 95 computer (which is where it was located on my XP version) - and combinations of putting it in windows folder, system folder and making a system32 folder had no effect. Putting it in the folder of the application itself DID work - but it then couldn't work because 'the msvbvm60.dll file is linked to missing export oleaut32.dll:421' - My subsequent attempts to  fix this - by basically repeating the above steps with both files (msv.. and olea...) - have been unsucsessful. (application not functioning). I am now stuck. It works fine on my xp computer.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows 95 problems
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:57:11 AM »
    Do yourself a big favour, at the very least buy win98se from the $2 shop.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:11:43 AM »
    Reformat and reinstall. Damaged operating systems due to user abuse aren't worth fixing.

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »
    $2?? in amazon it costs about £50 - which is abot $40. If you know anywhere I can get it for 2$ tell me please!!

Jenny

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 10:28:42 AM »
    $2?? in amazon it costs about £50 - which is abot $40. If you know anywhere I can get it for 2$ tell me please!!

Mind you I dont think the system is up to 98 - its a 500mb hdd with 20mb Ram!!!

Jenny

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 11:20:44 AM »
    Arg sorry for spamming.

I can't upgrade anyhow - 98 requires a cd and I only have a floppy drive :( And if I was gonna upgrade my system I'd need to upgrade the HD and RAM and I'd be talking serious money - which I can't afford atm...

Is there nothing I can do about the missing file problems? I mean do you know where I can put them for it to work?

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 12:32:02 PM »

Second hand.

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 04:52:44 PM »