Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 4928 times)

The Bubba

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• BIG BLUE HEAVEN
  • Experience: Familiar
What does this mean?
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:36:12 PM »
When I load a page, on the bottom info bar, sometimes there is an eye with a red circle in front of it with a red line through lt. Obviously it means I can view something but what? It's there quite often even if the page loads. This is when I'm surfing the web BTW.

npersn31

Rookie
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: What does this mean?
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »
    When I load a page, on the bottom info bar, sometimes there is an eye with a red circle in front of it with a red line through lt. Obviously it means I can view something but what? It's there quite often even if the page loads. This is when I'm surfing the web BTW.

In Internet Explorer 8, this means there is a privacy report available. When my mouse is pointing to the "eye with red circle in front of it", there is a label that says "privacy report". What browser are you using?
    Npersn31
    Better safe than sorry!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: What does this mean?
    « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 02:37:24 AM »
    These are cookies or data restricted when accessing websites either blocking or allowing depending on your privacy settings. You could set medium or medium-high(click apply) and see the difference. This is found usually on your browser's internet options such as IE. More info. on how to control or block cookies here -->
     http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-8/privacy-statement