Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus m3a sata problem  (Read 2870 times)

webhond

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Asus m3a sata problem
    « on: May 09, 2011, 05:02:27 AM »
    Hello all.

Since yesterday i have a weird problem.

Pc is running windows 7 with 3 gb mem and was running 1 old ( ide )  hd and 2 sata hds + a sata Dvd.

When i boot up with all connected, windows takes 30 min to boot. Every action after that takes more then 10 min each to finish.

If i remove all sata devices, since the old hd is the boot hd, windows starts up perfect.

Connecting one device, either one, to the sata connection that was even never used ( since i have 4, and 3 devices ) doesnt make any difference, windows boots like ****

Connected another old ide hd with the boot hd and all works good.

Memory is tested, and comes out ok.

power supply gives all normal readings.

When i connect all and go into bios, all devices ( incl all sata ) are found, so imo, the sata controller on the mobo aint broken? But when i try to boot, its slow as *****

Anyone a idea what to do?

thanks in advance.
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:19:50 AM by webhond »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Asus m3a sata problem
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:56:32 AM »
    Have you tried re-installing your MBoard drivers from the CD that came with the machine ? ?

How is the BIOS reporting the SATA drives ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

webhond

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Asus m3a sata problem
      « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 06:15:02 AM »
      Bios shows all drives connected. After you asked i rebooted and connected all drives again.To look in Bios, as asked.  Even the ide one i didnt use for months.

Now i got :

Prim Ide Master : Ide drive with windows 7 on it
      Prim Ide Slave   : 2nd old Ide Drive.
      Sata 1 : samsung 500 gb
      Sata 2 : Optiarc DVD
      Sata 3 : samsung 500 gb
      Sata 4 : Not used.

You know whats weird, i did a full reg scan and fix with Registry mechanic and after that i did the above.

Booted up like a charm, and all is working...

I dont get this. Why do i first get errors, trying 10 hours ~to get a fix going. And after a dumb reg cleanup all works again?

The drives dont respond slow no more as they used to and works O.o

Nice to see it works, still i dont get WHY... is it realy the reg fix that gave me the solution?

When this happened, i was gaming, WoW, and it started to respond slower, laggy, froze up sometimes, got 2 screens of death.

I dont get this.