Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer shut itself off now wont boot  (Read 3214 times)

tmarsh12

Computer shut itself off now wont boot
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
Ok my computer was running fine when i was playing Arma2 and it suddenly just shut off ( no shutdown sequence or anything)  It proceeded to reboot like i hit the reset button, thought this was weird but thought watever.  However, when it was rebooting, it suddenly shut off again, this time in a different time interval.  I tried unplugging the power cord and swwitching off the pc with the switch on the back.  But when i push the power button it just did the same thing, the light would turn on on the fan in the front panel of the pc, spin for awhile and then shut off.  Sometimes it would make it all the way to the log in screen or even let me log on, before shutting off and trying to restart. 

I managed to let it sit for awhile while unplugged and came back and booted it up and played a game for another hour or two, but the next morning, i woke up to see it off again.  This time, i tried to boot it up and the only response i would get is the fan lighting up on the front of the computer and spinning for a brief moment, then doing nothing.  I opened the side panel and saw that the fans inside also do the same.  They barely spin and i have to flip the switch on the back of the pc on and off and then hit the power to even get this small movement of the fans.

This pc is only a few months old and havent had any problems with it.  The only thing i could think of is that the power supply ran somewhat louder than some of the other pcs i had and sometimes it would be louder or softer than other times.  I do run it alot and maybe its possible i overworked the powersupply and i need a new one?  Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

edit: Also at the beginning of this ordeal when i would get it to boot up for a minute or two, the pc would shut itself down and the monitor would show different color screens alternating like red, green, blue, covering the entire screen, but the tower itself would not be on.  The monitor would shut off soon after and say no signal.

Thanks,
Tmarsh

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Computer shut itself off now wont boot
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:53:34 AM »
This pc is only a few months old and havent had any problems with it. 

If its bought brand new and is still under warranty, I would seek that first.