Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help! Can't change user account  (Read 6889 times)

cokeskie

Help! Can't change user account
« on: August 22, 2005, 05:26:31 PM »
Hi guys,
   Kindly guide me on how can I change my user account. I always do encounter error while changing it. I can't access welcome screen and fast user switching .
   Thanks in advance.

Regards,
cokeskie

Raptor

Re: Help! Can't change user account
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 06:10:41 PM »
Hi guys,
    Kindly guide me on how can I change my user account. I always do encounter error while changing it. I can't access welcome screen and fast user switching .
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
cokeskie

What is the error that you see?

cokeskie

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:45:58 PM »
Yes I am the admin of my pc. The error message states: " Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encounter a problem and need to be closed. Sorry for the inconvenience". It appears each time I click the "Change the way users log on or off". Need your inputs on how can I deal with this. Many thanks.

Regards,
cokeskie

cokeskie2003

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 05:54:35 PM »
I've tried the procedure you mention for several times but just like what I post I can't access it because of the error message. Can you give me another way to access it? Or anyone can guide me to eliminate the error message. Again thanks to all. More power.

Regards,
cokeskie

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 05:54:13 AM »
Yes I am the admin of my pc. The error message states: " Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encounter a problem and need to be closed. Sorry for the inconvenience". It appears each time I click the "Change the way users log on or off". Need your inputs on how can I deal with this. Many thanks.

Regards,
cokeskie

I have never heard of this service/application. What do you use it for?

cokeskie

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 04:58:36 PM »
Sir,
I just to want access it (Change the way you logon or log off) so that I can use my logon loader application which changes the classic logon skin to different skins. Hope you can help me, thanks.

Regards,
cokeskie

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 06:33:02 PM »
I just to want access it (Change the way you logon or log off) so that I can use my logon loader application which changes the classic logon skin to different skins. Hope you can help me, thanks.

Is this third party software that is causing problems? Uninstall it from safe mode, then. If not, be more specific and tell us what we need to know.

cokeskie

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 04:43:50 PM »
Sir,
    Yap this is a third party software. I haven't install yet because of the same error I encounter I posted above. But I can install other third party software into my pc. By the way here is the details of the error message "AppName:msha.exe AppVer:6.0.2600.0 ModName:ole32.dll ModVer:5.1.2600.0 Offset:00371b4.
    Is reinstall my OS would reformat all my files? If so I don't resort on this yet, but thanks for your input. Hope you can give me a other ways to fix it. thanks.

Regards,
cokeskie

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 08:14:51 PM »
Is reinstall my OS would reformat all my files

No, you will still be able to access your files if you repair your installation.

Installing and Using Recovery Console

Perform a Repair Installation

How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP

cokeskie

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 04:40:51 PM »
Sir,
Thanks for all your inputs. I'll try it later.

Regards,
cokeskie

cokeskie

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 04:38:25 PM »
Sir,
  I tried to repair my pc by following your suggestions but I failed to access my admin account. I've done it for several times after I choose to repair a Windows Professional Installation then pressing R. It always prompted me that I entered wrong password even though I'm sure that I'm inputing the correct one. What shall i do next? Thanks.

Regards,
cocoy

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 04:42:58 PM »
Can you boot into safe mode?

cokeskie

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 04:44:13 PM »
yes sir I can boot in safe made

Raptor

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 04:48:20 PM »
Can you try to uninstall the program that is causing problems from there?

If not, try doing a system restore.

cokeskie

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 04:53:18 PM »
Honestly I don't know which program that causes it.  Sir how how can I do that Sytem Restore?

cokeskie