Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Posting Form Entries to another web page instantly  (Read 3224 times)

beefandonion

Posting Form Entries to another web page instantly
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »
Hi everyone

I am very new to HTML web site design and have a simple request

I have created an online Flash website through Moonfruit.com. I have a page that requires users to enter various text information

Moonfruit allows me to download this data (which gets saved on my PC as an excel file), but Ideally I would like the information to be displayed immediately on another webpage (within the same site)

If possible, I would also like the users to be able to search the information for key words, etc - I presume for this it would need to be stored in a database?

I have Microsfot Access, but I'm not sure how to transfer this database to my online website - the problem seeming to be that the website is not stored on my PC, but held on the Moonfruit server somwhere

for ref, the website is www.arecordofmylife.co.uk

here you'll see what I'm looking to achive

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Chris (beef and onion

TechGeek

Intermediate
    • Guide to WiFi Optimization
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Posting Form Entries to another web page instantly
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »
Your website only has an image right now.

You could set the form ACTION to a PHP script which would take that form data and enter it into a mySQL table. The PHP script would be a simple mySQL insert.

Then you can display them on a page by using a PHP script on that page to take the data from the mySQL database and print it in HTML format. This si a simple mySQL SELECT.

W3Schools also has some examples of searches, so you could create a search for all the data rows entered. :)
I help run my home improvement and home automation forum.