Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 'Analog Out of Range' message on desktop monitor  (Read 3743 times)

Summer4infinity

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    'Analog Out of Range' message on desktop monitor
    « on: May 16, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »

I'm getting an 'analog out of range' message on any monitor I hook up to my desktop computer. I had a new video card installed a while ago. It worked until I moved, now I'm getting this message on three different monitors I've tries. From what I could find on line it appears the video settings aren't right? Another post to someone else suggested 'hitting F8 while booting, and typing in "boot to VGA". Now when I boot my computer I get nothing on the monitor but 'energy saving mode'. Any idea's/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

truenorth

Guru

Re: 'Analog Out of Range' message on desktop monitor
      « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:59:43 AM »
      Why did it become necessary to have a new video card installed? Do you have the old card? Is there also onboard video on the computer? Since it apparently worked for a while in another location what if anything on your computer has been changed since the "move" coincident to this issue arising? truenorth

Summer4infinity

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »
        The old one went bad. I had this computer "custom built" from a small online company a friend suggested, and have had nothing but problems with it and all the components since day one. The new video card worked fine after I had a guy from Rent-a-nerd install it. As far as I know nothing happened in the move. I did try to hook the monitor up to my LCD TV, maybe that messed it up? Although why would all the other monitors not work with the computer now?

Summer4infinity

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »
          It's back to the "out of range" message. I can't get it to go into "safe mode" for some reason.

Summer4infinity

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 02:11:10 PM »
            Wow, I feel a bit dumb right now. I was looking around for the video card and noticed that there were two places to hook up the monitor, on the old stock, small video card, and on the aftermarket video card. I hooked it up to the big card and it works perfectly. Thanks for trying to help me truenorth.   :)

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:09:27 AM »
              Don't be too hard on yourself we have all been there at one time or another. Be thankful this one was simple the next one may not be. truenorth