Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Audio Output Device Is Installed HELP  (Read 2327 times)

SwIzZy

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    No Audio Output Device Is Installed HELP
    « on: May 16, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »
    Hello,

This would be my second Topic on Computer Hope. I have a old HP DV5215us notebook computer. I recently reformatted it from XP and added Windows 7. Before adding Windows 7 I have not touched the computer in around 3 years. All I remember about the computer is that the audio was not working and I may have somehow manually uninstalled it.

Currently, after adding Windows 7 the computer works great except I have the message "No Audio Output is Installed" when I scroll my mouse over the audio in the task bar. I have tried many things to get the audio back such as installing different versions (older and newer) of Realtek AC97. That did not solve the issue. I have also tried installing the computers audio drivers on the Hewlett Packard website (covenext). That did not work either. Lastly, I tried going into device manager and manually selecting every audio device and that did not work. I also tried using windows update to find the drivers and it couldn't.

When I open device manager I have Multimedia Audio Controller and PCI modem that have a yellow mark next to them.

My goal is to get the audio working.

If you know of any suggestions please help me out.

Thanks

DPalmz

Rookie

• EyEz
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: No Audio Output Device Is Installed HELP
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:03 PM »
    Have you gone into your bios settings and seen if its disabled in there accidentally?? Do you have the manual for it still?, trying reading that for directions.  If you don`t have one you may be able to download one from your mobo manufacturers web site.
    Failing that during bootup try pressing either the F2 or delete keys to get into bios.  Then just search around to find your onboard integrated sound device and make sure its enabled. 
    Save and exit.
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:02:38 PM by DPalmz »