Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connection interuptions  (Read 39158 times)

Mruniverce

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Connection interuptions
    « on: May 26, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »
    Hi All, I was just wondering what may cause connection Interuptions while playing call of duty modern warfare 2. I am thinking it may be that the computer in question is hooked up to a usb type (Netgear) network and not hooked up directly to a modem. Not having problems with my computer cause its hooked directly to the modem.    The other computer is brand new and but not hook directly to the modem, not going to bother to list specs , Unless Administrators need me to. I am running windows 7 and have DSL.
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:25:15 AM by Mruniverce »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Connection interuptions
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:37:33 PM »
    that the computer in question is hooked up to a usb type (Netgear) network and not hooked up directly to a modem.
    So your PC in question has a Netgear  USB and the connection drops sometimes.
    But the PC used with a cable directly to the modem works. You must mean a wireless router modem combo. A simple modem has only one connection, as far as I know.

Yes, wireless connections, often called Wi-Fi, can and do drop out. The most common type is the 802.11g standard. This standard was never intended to be foolproof. You may have to change it to another channel to avoid interference.

You could try another adapter instead of the one you have now. They are now super cheap. You would expect a new adapter to be better, but that is not always the case. Maybe you could borrow an adpater from a friend and see if that helps.

The maximum speed  of any  DSL is seldom more than  3 M bps. So even if the adapter only does 11 M bps, it should not drop the connection. Wireless is faster than DSL.

Just try another adapter. Install the right drivers.