Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Combination help!  (Read 2381 times)

Rhyswalter

Combination help!
« on: May 28, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »
I have two computers. One that I've progressively built by adding new parts one at a time (Originally an HP Pavilion Elite) and another that I have had for about 5 years now (An emachine that I don't know the brand or official title of). I want to put a 2nd graphics driver in my HP, which already has a ATI RADEON HD 4350. The emachine has an ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 in it. I was wondering if I couple put the XPRESS 200 in the HP until I could afford a better one...Or if it wouldn't do anything and wouldn't be worth it. Any opinions or help welcome! I'm new to this site, so I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section! Thanks for the help, though! :D

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Combination help!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »
IMHO putting money into any computer that is over three years old is not a very good idea. The best graphics cards now have new requirements for the motherboards. You haven to be sure the motherboard meets the specs.
On the other hand, replacing a wimpy graphics card with a better choice gives some improvement for games, but not much else.

My recommendation is save lour money for a new motherboard and CPU. That is where things are really moving. Graphics cards have not changed a whole lot in the past year. But the new motherboards are way extreme.

But that is my thought. Maybe somebody else has better idea.