Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can Java interfere with a graphics tablet?  (Read 4539 times)

inkblots

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Can Java interfere with a graphics tablet?
    « on: May 30, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »
    Ok, so my graphics tablet one day just lost all pressure sensitivity and has pretty much become a glorified mouse. It's fairly new, so I don't think it's worn out. I replaced the battery in the pen and reinstalled the drivers, but it just doesn't work. The only changes to the system I can think of that were made when the problems started was that I updated Java. Could that be the problem? And if so, how do I get back to the previous version of Java? I checked the manufacturer's site for driver updates, but I can't find any.

My tablet is a Monoprice TWA60. My Notebook is a HP G-71 running Windows 7 64-bit.

This is what I get for buying cheap hardware. I swear from now on I'm only getting Wacom. But until I can afford a new one, I would really like this one to work.  >:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

inkblots

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Can Java interfere with a graphics tablet?
      « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
      Ok! I figured out the problem and it had nothing to do with Java. (I'm an illustrator, not a computer programmer!) I'm posting this in case anyone else has this problem and needs help. The problem was Windows Automatic Updater kept overriding the manufacturer's drivers. What i had to do to get it back was completely uninstall the device, turn off automatic updates, and disconnect from the internet. Then reinstall using the manufacturer's disk. Now it works just fine. :)