Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Wi-Fi after Format  (Read 2243 times)

SterlingM

No Wi-Fi after Format
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:33:36 PM »
 I just formatted my computer and now the only trouble I'm having is getting the wifi to work. The computer is a Dell Inspiron E1505. The Wi-Fi is Enabled but the Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator is not. Can you tell me where to start or how to fix it?.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: No Wi-Fi after Format
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »
My laptop is a Dell 1705, which is very much like yours. Recently I installed XP again, but a slightly different version. It was a Dell windows XP disc, but for some reason did not have all the drivers for this laptop.
Going to the Dell website, and using my service tag number, I was able to locate the driver set. But even then it took awhile to find the exact drivers in the set. Maybe you have a problem like that.
But one other thing. Is the Wi-Fi light on? On my laptop it turns on or off with Fn F2. Check your keyboard and find the little thing that looks a radio tower.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: No Wi-Fi after Format
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:32:54 AM »
Did you install ALL drivers after the format, starting with the chipset driver? Look in Device Manager - any errors?