Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cord for a macbook pro  (Read 2076 times)

mercy

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    cord for a macbook pro
    « on: June 02, 2011, 04:50:51 AM »
    My son put the end of my laptop's cord in his mouth (the end that attaches to my laptop). I dried it off and waited a couple hours for it to air dry as well just in case.
    Usually, the cord has a little light on it that is green when the laptop battery is charged and orange when it is charging. Right now, the light is still orange even though my computer is charged.
    If someone could get back to me soon, I would really appreciate it. I am freaking out because this is what happened before my last computer died (I thought it would be ok this time because I was completely sure it dried) and I really can't afford another computer.
    Thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: cord for a macbook pro
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »
    If its shot, you wouldnt have to replace an entire computer, just the power adapter. If saliva got past the LED onto the sense board inside the connector, it may still charge your laptop, but report incorrectly. You shoudl see an indicator on your laptop when the cord is attached, if you see this indication then the laptop is taking a charge. If no indication, then its time for a new power supply. If you have to replace it, buying a used one off of ebay or one of those universal power supplies with the different cord attachments might be cheaper than buying directly through $$$APPLE$$$