Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Updated Driver Now My PC Lags  (Read 3524 times)

Graves

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Updated Driver Now My PC Lags
    « on: June 04, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
    hello,i recently updated my driver afterwards my pc is laggy especially in the browsers,When i tryd too re Dl the driver,it gives me an error message,      Error Opening File For Writing    ,  My Graphics Card is a ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics  , windows 7 OP SYSTEM ,,,Any suggestions would be appreciated

Graves

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Updated Driver Now My PC Lags
      « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »
      found this message also i think this is the culprit-------------   Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:28:22 AM »
      Are you downloading rom the ATI website? If not, make sure that's where you get it from. Then uninstall the old driver, reboot, and install the new one.

Graves

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
        thank you,problem solved,when i Downloaded the driver, it switched my graphics card too one that didnt work on my pc,,,,too solve the issue i just uninstalled and Redownloaded the driver for the other graphics card,i never realized they switched til i took another look,,,,hope this can help someone else in the future........